They should've at least added an extra zero to the end of that number.
That's $21K they didn't even know they had.
While I find it nice of the family to give a reward, 100 dollars in exchange for 21000 hmmmmm
DETROIT - A homeless man searching for returnable bottles in a trash bin found 31 U.S. savings bonds worth nearly $21,000 in a bag of clothes.
Charles Moore, 59, took the bonds to a 24-hour walk-in homeless shelter, where a staffer tracked down the family of the man whose name was on the bonds.
"They belong to him," Moore told The Detroit News. "I did the right thing."
Ernest Lehto's family had given away many of his clothes shortly after his death in 2004.
How the bonds ended up in the trash bin is a mystery, but Lehto's family left Moore a $100 reward.
"What a good Samaritan," said Neil Lehto, who picked up the bonds Friday that had belonged to his late father.
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
They should've at least added an extra zero to the end of that number.
That's $21K they didn't even know they had.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
my thoughts EXACTLY
That man is homeless for crying out loud
I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
What can $100 get you this days? Not much. Greedy [censored] people. Hell the man did the right thing, when most of us would have took the money and run. But I'm sure their getting [censored] for it doing that now.
"Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."
What goes around comes around. This family will one day need something and it may be something money can't buy. In the end this homeless man will recieve a greater reward and this family of greed will recieve nothing.
Bookmarks